Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

good or bad revisited...

This topic has been one of my biggest challenges 
especially after I met Reikongaku.
I’ve always thought that good people deserve good things.
Even if their lives are not so rewarding ones in earthly terms, 
after they die, good people will live happily ever after in the world next.

I tried to see good in every person. 
I tried to believe there was no truly bad person in this world.
I wished people were all happy, war free, worry free, poverty free, crime free…. like in heaven on earth.

However, soon after I met Reikongaku, 
this idea was completely shuttered.

Reikongaku will ask you, what is good and what is bad?
After a careful thinking, you would know that good or bad cannot be defined so clearly.

Yes, we do have a sense of good or bad, but it’s almost always different depending on when, where, and who we are.

What you think is good may not be so good for others, 
what others think is good may not convince you so.
If our spiritual destiny is solely determined by good or bad of anybody’s standard, there will be a chaos waiting for us.

Understanding good or bad won’t be resolved so easily for me.
But there is one rule I learnt from Reikongaku.

What determines your spiritual destiny is not directly related to how good or bad you think you are.
To your amazement, it is more straight forward, clear, and logical.

Reikongaku tells you that it all depends on the condition of your yutai, your spiritual body at the time of physical death. 

Good or bad certainly contributes to the condition of yutai, but they are not by themselves a deciding factor.